Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Paper Art

I was back to my hometown, Kuantan, during the long weekend break.It was a fun and lovely trip, as the main purpose i went back was to celebrate my dad's birthday. It reminds me of i used to do a lot of hand made birthday card to my parents when i was young. From drawing a greeting card with colour pencil, until i grew older, i did 3D card, pop up card and I was so obsessed with doing paper craft/ paper sculpture when i was in college time.

Here is a giant greeting paper sculpture done by me and my sis, Susien (also with some help and guidance by Yenhuei) during 1999 as a gift for my granny's 50th years of wedding anniversary. The theme of the paper sculpture was ' Peony', as peony is a symbol for nobility, value and beauty. Particularly, a full bloom peony represent prosperity and peace, which will bring good serendipity and success to people.


This is the biggest 'greeting card' i done. About 1.5' X 5'.


Here are some pictures of works done by the guru of paper sculpture, Peter Callesen, from Denmark. His works is awesome and very imaginative. Enjoy some of the works that done by him. I love all his works.


Når alt kommer til alt, 2006

Snowballs (detail), 2005

White Diary, 2008

Walking on snow, 2003

The Short Distance Between Time and Shadow (Detail), 2006

Impenetrable Castle, 2005

Butterflies Trying to Escape Their Shadow, 2005

Big Paper Castle, 2004

Alive, but Dead, 2006


All images from http://www.petercallesen.com/

3 comments:

mer? said...

Very nice!!! You are so patient to do this!!! Nice color combination and layout! ^w^

Suyen said...

Thank you... wish i could do and share more in the future :)

ah huei said...

hey hey hey....I totally forgot about this!
Will want to tell/ask you something if I see you soon.